Re: Abuse of Gravestones

On Wed, 25 May 1994, Mark Wedel wrote:

>  So how do you detect cases where casting a spell (and killing another
> player) is an accident, compared to doing it on purpose?  The players
> can usually tell, but to actually program in code to detect becomes a bit
> more difficult.
>
>  The best solution is just to state that player killing other players will
> not be tolerated.
>
>  --Mark

But part of the fun of x-fire is that you and a friend can go around
beating the hell out of each other.  Killing people is not tolerated in
society but it still happens.  I think just saying you can't do that takes
some of the fun out.  How about the idea that you can not harm a character
X levels below you?  That way, if players decide to go after each other,
they'll be more evenly matched.

      | This message courtesy of:  | You bore me to death         |
      |                            | So shut up for God's sake    |
      |       Jeff Judkins         | Stop reading me the riot act |
      | judkinsj@erau.db.erau.edu  | While my brains still intact |
           Kill'em all and then just let God sort out the mess.