Re: hps of classes (class differences)

From: Mark Wedel <master@rahul.net>

>  I think some changes to classes would be a bad idea.  Having hit points
> depends on classes could quickly make some classes unplayable.

I wonder why? Crossfire is basically a multiplayer game although
everyone can't play it so. There shouldn't be any problem if some
classes are hard to play (Nethack have a tourist and playing a tourist
is much harder than most other clesses).

Can someone comment why the maximum stat was raised from 25 to 30?
Was there any other balancing made in the same time or was it just
5 extra points to each stats? It seems to me that if wizard can
get int 28 - 30, it's too much. Even with 25 int and spell point
regeneration wizard can cast the huge amounts of spells.

One idea that I had is that all items which affects stats works with
delay. So when a player changes a ring or a weapon, stats aren't
change immediately. This would force players think more which stats
they want to normally keep high. I haven't tested this and it might
not work well with the game (cause confusion with the new players
etc.).

 -Tero