Re: hps of classes (class differences)

> Yeah, I totally agree.  Magic, with an Int of 28-30 will blow away
> almost anything.  A barbarian/fighter type really isn't so hot
> compared to a a spellcaster when they both get to 15 level or so.

FIRST, what prevents a barbarian/fighter from having a 28-30 int?

SECOND, at low levels I found it difficult to start a wizard.

My typical wizard would roll dice until getting a 17-18 int and
at least a 16 wisdom (both are vital), con and dex are both greater
than strength (which must be atleast 11).  That makes 5 atributes
all greater than 11.

My typical barbarian rolls dice until getting 3 >=16s, place
those in str, con, dex (make sure Int is greater than 8).

	str	dex	con	int	wis	chr	hp/sp
human:	13	16	16	17	17	9	10/7
wiz:	11	17	14	20	19	9	 9/9

human:	17	17	16	13	11	11	12/4
barb:	21	18	19	 5	10	9	14/1

The barbarian easily made 3rd level in newbie tower while the
wiz had trouble making 2nd level.

THIRD, how did the wizard get a 28-30 int?  natural max is 23.
So, some sort of ring/amulet/weapons bonus can do this; without
a magical weapon is 28 int possible?  With a 21 strength and
without using fire as a main weapon, can barbarians collect and
carry money more easily?

FORTH, my wizard struggled desperately to survive until finding
a spellbook of charisma; while he benefited from 90.4's charisma
spell system, it is still easy enough to get a 29 charisma (7
spells, ring +2, ring+1, cloak+2).  Pain in the ass to sell
everything before going ugly, and time consuming, but I do it
for the extreme charisma bonus.  Everything I have comes mostly
from this one spellbook.

SUGGESTIONS:
28 int problem -- fix charisma, make potions more expensive,
    limit attribute bonuses on weapons to +4.  Weapons can
    still have huge damage,wc,ac bonuses, but not give a wiz
    200 spell points.

Barbs useless -- create more monsters that are resistant to
    magic, but don't spew magic onto hand-to-hand attackers,
    make maps even more wide open and don't trap wyverns,giants
    where mages can easily attack from a distance.  Too little
    maps and few really really good ones is still a problem.

stockpiling -- Does exponential exp-increase cause pillage?
    Staying on lower levels longer would encourage people to
    create low level maps without tons of spoils.  No need to
    get that -10 amour class needed to survive at level 8 so
    quick.  Personally, crossfire is designed well for levels
    2-8.

			-jim