Re: hps of classes

+--- Simon McIntosh-Smith:
| Why does my friends 12th level wizard have the same number of hit points
| as my 12th level barbarian if we have the same con? Surely hps should depend
| on more than just con and level - fighter classes should get more hps
| per level than others, clerics and thieves should come next, then magic
| users last. At the moment wizards seem to get magic AND everything else,
| which is a bit unbalanced.

It may be unbalanced, but I don't think we need to add the complexity
you're suggesting. In order to achieve the same Con as a barbarian,
the Wizard must quaff _five_ potions. If you like, you could change
the class bonuses to make the difference even greater. It would be
nice if you expermineted and told us what numbers you found to work
well.

BTW, I think new characters should start out as level 2, that is with
exactly 1000 points. That way they can still lose a level when they
encounter a grim reaper, and it makes it quite a bit easier for
beginners as well.

Kjetil T.