Re: Solo/Multiplayer emphasis

> From: Sven Neuhaus <neuhau00@marvin.informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
>
> Beside that. Somone mentioned, that he would (like to) play with 30 players in one
> system.
> A few remarks to that case.(IMHO)
> What a machine are you using for crossfire?
> My 3/60 has problems, when running with xpm and only me in crossfire.
> What does your sysadmin say, if you slow down a big machine with crossfire and 30
> players on it?

I was talking about once it is client server.  I think that 20 - 30 players
is VERY reasonable, look at netrek for a fairly good rough idea of
what client server can do.

> Where do you get 30 players at the same time in the same crossfire world.
> We are a small site with more >80 Sparcs, >150 user and connections to the
> university. We don't have such that many players.
> (It is an other case, if you are on a university site, but that's
> not the usual case.)
> You would need many more maps, because all will be cleared out (quests solved) before
> you would get into it. (30 players playing together in a dungeon wich is only

yeah, or you would need some other "goals" or other things to do,
like user created guilds, longer more involved quests, more
interaction between players.
(lot's o stuff deleted)
> Any opinions?
>
> MfG