Re: Solo/Multiplayer emphasis

On Thu, 26 May 1994, Klaus Elsbernd wrote:

> What a machine are you using for crossfire?
> My 3/60 has problems, when running with xpm and only me in crossfire.
> What does your sysadmin say, if you slow down a big machine with
crossfire and 30
> players on it?

Sysadmin says: "I have no time, I'm playing crossfire" :)

>From the experience of xpilot; for action real-time play
there may be no other processes, than the server and
the other servers (tcpd,...). If the load goes over 1,
then the play starts to lag, and the playability stops.

The if there is a server, then there is a machine
allocated to it. I don't see this is nowdays problem,
think about Linux. Or otherwise the number of hosts in net
seems to be strongly increase, so the will find
a free machine anyway (or at least for xpilot there
exists).

-- <A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~hevi/">The Page</A> --