Lots of misc. stuff

 Just a bunch more of my thoughts I would put out on the list.

1: Artifacts:  Right now, there are two distinct types of artifacts,
what I call true artifacts (these have their own archetype, and are generated
with special treasure lists), and common artifacts (any item of that type
can become an artifact, and the lib/artifacts file contains this information.)

 The problem I see is that there is no clear idea of what should be
a true or a common artifact.  Artifacts with animations must be true
artifacts (the lib/artifacts file does not support animation information.)
However, even then, there are many true artifacts with no animations.

 It would seem to be that a better approach would be how common the item
should or should not be. Right now there are some common artifacts that
are really quite rare (how many of you have seen a amulet of the mage,
a ring if mithrandir, etc.)  And the disdavantage with the common artifacts
is there is no way to control where they are placed - any amulet or ring
coudl become something incredible.

 For the true artifacts, you at least have the random_artifact treasure
you can put in.  So thus, you can put this at the end of a quest as a good
reward.

 Perhaps have of the common artifacts should be made true artifacts?

======

2: Improvement and items:  One thing that I think is nice is that there
are a few items which you have to gather certain items to create (dragon
armor & shield and beholder eye shield.)  I think this has several
nice aspects - first, it means that it is possible for anyone to eventually
find get these good artifacts without having to hope it comes up for
a random artifact, and the other is that it makes a pseudo quest right
there - to get the eye, or scales.  It would be really nice to see a lot
more of these - I think it adds a nice bit of color to the game.

 The other is the actually creation and improvement of good items.  Right
now, you may find some +4 plate, only to get it corroded next tiem you
run into a black pudding.  It would probably be nice to restore this
armor, or maybe even improve non magical armor to magical status.  Thoughts/
ideas?

=====

3: Attacks:  Right now, some monsters have attack type ghost hit (acid
spheres is the one I think about.)  The problem is that they really aren't
hitting with ghosthit, that is more a flag to say to destroy the monster
once it does hit.  For acid spheres, this also has the effect that you
can be immune to acid, but will still take damage (Because you are not
immune to ghosthit.)  This should probably be fixed up.  But I am not
sure of teh best way to handle this.  Probably adding a flag for the
object works, but thinks like the ghost and nightmare should still perhaps
attack with ghost|(cold/depeletion)?

 Think that is all for now..

 --Mark