Command Times.

 I bring this up as I work on the client/server, but this is something
that probably should have been done even if there never was a split.

 Background: As things stand now, any command you do either takes
the players action or doesn't.  So for example, move north takes 1.0
speed, picking up, dropping an object, etc, all take 1.0 speed.

 This is really due to the way that crossfire handles the events.  In
only checks for X events if the player actually has a turn (sufficient
speed.)

 But this system is really quite flawed.  Picking up an object, moving
a square, dropping an object, or applying items should all have different
time values.

 In some cases, things are not really consistent in this regard.  Depending
on your pickup mode, you can pick up any number of objects in 1 turn.
Same with drop all.

 With the changing caused by client/server, this can now be fixed.

 For example, picking up an object may take 0.2 speed, and dropping
0.1.  Applying items should also have certain values.

 Likewise, since dropall and the various pickup modes will be handled
client side (client just sends multiple requests for a pickup mode 4
or a dropall), this will put some limits on what can happen.

 Whenever the server executes a command, it will decrease the players
speed_left by whatever the appropriate value is, and process commands
as long as the player has sufficient speed.

 This makes things more realistic.  However, times for various actions
then need to be determined.  Most of these will probably be hardcoded
into the file, but in some cases, values might be stored in archetypes.

So, various thoughts on time it should take for the various actions:
dropping an item
picking an item up
entering/exiting a building (perhaps not as important, since the map

Applying an item (note that this should probably be different for
   the different types of item.  Eating a food should probably take
   more time then drinking a booze or potion.)  Values for this should probably
   be put in the archetypes if possible.  Because even the same item type
   may have different times (putting on plate surely takes longer than putting
   on a robe.)

 There may be others, but these seem to be the main ones.

 Movement will always have a value of 1 (I consider this the
standard.).  For the ones above, almost any value can be used.
A player with speed 1.0 could move once, do 10 actions that take .1 time,
etc.

 I am interested in your thoughts and idea for the time these actions
should take.

 --Mark