polypiling

I think we should get rid of polymorphing items altogether.
I think it's senseless that you can polymorph one potion into
another.  Supposedly, the making of a potion is a skilled operation,
or there would be more around.  How come you can in effect, take
one potion, and make another, using a dumb spell and without
knowing anything of how to make potions....

The same thing with rings.  Presumably it takes a lot of skill
to fashion a magic ring, or everyone would have lots of them.

Why should a spell of polymorph be able to take a ring of protection
from drain and make a ring of Dam +2 (cursed)?

Polymorphing monsters is fun, the only use for polymorph items is
to abuse it, and in effect, get something for nothing.

But I don't think i'm going to talk anyone into removing it
from the game....

So I think we should go with mark's suggestion and limit how valuable
the end product can be, and increase polymorph destruction to 20%.

PeterM