re:Death options

In message "Death options", 'Tero.Haatanen@tel.vtt.fi' writes:

>>    The issue would be to standardize the face area so that user can
>> also add/change things such as:
>> 1. face shape
>> 2. eye color
>> 3. hair style
>> 4. perhap limited positioning of the eyes,nose,ears and mouth
>> But allow the emote program to change the shape/position of eyes,nose,
>> ears,mouth,etc.. to reflect smiling, frowning, etc...
>
>I think this is a little too complicated. Much simpler would have face
>arrays each player. Each array would contain eight 24x24 bitmaps. So
>players could define different bitmaps for different emotes (assumed
>that there aren't too many of them). At least result should look much
>better. But implementing player defined images needs quite much code
>and maybe it's better leave to client/server version like peterm
>said.

   Personally, I don't like the idea of letting players have full control
of drawing a bit(pix)map that represent their faces.  The system is just
too easy to abused (ie: someone could draw stupid and offensive picture)

>>    I'm working on it (quite nasty if all the define statements).  I'll sent
>> you the patch when it is tested.
>
>The death code is already full of #idef's so maybe there should be
>simplier ways handle the death. So that server admins can choose
>what death options are available to players and when player dies
>(s)he can decide what to do (loose exp/wait resurrection/quit/etc).

   It definitely need rewriting.  Some of the options overlapped and are
incorrect.  Example, the code for creating tombstone are done twice.  The
one for creating corpses is missing the code to place it at a location.

   How about a spell to turn corpse into skeleton or zombie (ie: animate
corpse)?  Or a clairvoyance spell that allow you to see what other see?

   Out of curiosity, are their any flowing river implemented yet?  This
shouldn't be hard to do with runes or buttons that are able to move things
on top of it.

>  -Tero

Regards,

 __  __/  /   /   __  /    |   /    Tuan T. Doan
    /    /   /   /   /   / |  /     IEC Layer Testing and Advance Technology
   /    /   /   __  /   /  | /      2201 Lakeside Blvd.  P.O. Box 833871
__/  ______/ __/ __/ __/  __/       Richardson, TX 75083-3871
"It's a kind of magic" -Highlander  Phone: 6-444-4575/214-684-4575
Internet:  tdoan@bnr.ca             Fax:   6-444-3716/214-684-3716