Some questions

Hello,

   I would like to store the login id and host name of each player in the
player file.  Are there variables in the player struct that allow me to
do this?

   We have encountered two scenarios that crashes the server:
1. When player drop a lot of items
2. When player use the scroll of destruction
Does anyone else encountered these problems?  If so, are there fixes?

   I would like to look into implementing 'infrared' feature.  How difficult
would this be?  Are the archetype flexible enough to allow this feature?
For example, do I have to change _all_ the NPC archetype so that it now
has a new field called 'cold-blooded' or is it possible to _only_ add the
new field to NPC's that are 'cold-blooded'

   Why can't I edit the oldcity part of the map?  Crossedit does not allow
it to be picked.

   Is anyone thinking of implementing a lock archetype?  This would allow
it to be attached to door and chest.  It is also the first step to allow
each player to have his/her own place to store their inventory.  Oh, I
think there should be a container chest type, use for storing large number
of treasures and does not disappeared.

   There was a proposal a while back regarding implementing a better
NPC engine that allow more sophisocated interaction between PC and NPC.
Is anyone currently doing this?

   I would like to see PC able to recruit NPC's to form a party.  I think
this can be done by kludging the charm codes.  Once recruited, commands
can be given to the NPC to do different things.  Is this feasible?

   I have a postscript dump of the 12 areas that makes up the world.  When
printed and cut-paste together, they make a pretty decent hardcopy of the
world map.  I can uploaded to the site, if anyone wants it.

Regards,

 __  __/  /   /   __  /    |   /    Tuan T. Doan
    /    /   /   /   /   / |  /     IEC Layer Testing and Advance Technology
   /    /   /   __  /   /  | /      2201 Lakeside Blvd.  P.O. Box 833871
__/  ______/ __/ __/ __/  __/       Richardson, TX 75083-3871
"It's a kind of magic" -Highlander  Phone: 6-444-4575/214-684-4575
Internet:  tdoan@bnr.ca             Fax:   6-444-3716/214-684-3716