Re: steal abuse

Now for the second half...

Also sprach Mark Wedel:
> On Nov 30,  2:08pm, Jonathan Hankins wrote:
> > Subject: Re: steal abuse
> > On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Brian Thomas wrote:
>  Having some options like that configurable could be done - but I don't want
> that in the config.h file - I really want to move that stuff to some other
> config file that is read when the game is run - I would like to reduce the
> amount of code that is conditional compilation, and rather have conditional
> execution.

I would like to have both ways (at least for some things) so that I
can play with the options for some time, and later recompile with only
those enabled that I want, to get the game smaller and faster.

>  Certainly, it would be possible to make various things not as
> nasty.  You could just comment out most of the bad PERMADEATH
> effects, or change the code.  Reqires some hacking, but not that
> much.

Hmmm... I would like it if the permadeath would be a bit more
debugged... We run with some local patches over here, to get around
some problems. But other things remain (maybe we introduced
them...). I think, I will resend those patches...

cu

AW
--
Wer geteilt ist hat nichts mitzuteilen (Einstuerzende Neubauten)

Arne Wichmann (aw@math.uni-sb.de)