Re: Call me crazy but...

On Mon, 18 Dec 1995, Richard Murray wrote:

> (ignoring echoing 'you're crazy' cries)
>
> Playing around with making a unique and playable world on my machine
> here, and was playing with the idea of having secret areas that are
> totally inaccessible to anyone not holding a specially created unique
> item... ie a wizard's room to store things, etc ... nothing fancy really.
>
> But this lead to a question: item types, etc... don't have cross loaded
> up so I can't remember the specifics - anyways, is there ANY kind of
> documentation of these seemingly mystical numbers for attributes?  Or is
> it all kinda a master/apprentice thing where I would have to study for
> years to discover how?
>
> Another thing I was trying was to make it look like a tree, sound like a
> tree, taste like a tree, but when applied it would work like a teleport.
> Yes, I know an invis exit would work, but with just one object is what
> I've been playing with.
>
> Ideas?  Suggestions?

checkout whatm is type of exit, then get a tree to the map,
change the type of tree to the exit and there it is.

as I know there is no documentation of types itself (but source
code as always). Best use I have found is to check the type
some existing object that behaves somewhat that I need, and the
apply same type.

<A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~hevi/">Petri.Heinila@lut.fi</A>