Re: Spoiler generation (was Re: reading books)

On Sun, 17 Dec 1995, Mark Wedel wrote:

>  One problem with the spoiler is that is requires several tools that are not
> on most unix systems (Net Pbm and latex, and dvips)
>
>  I guess Net Pbm proibably isn't totally uncommon, since a lot of web stuff
> might use it.
>
>  (also, I seem to recall that the latex stuff also needs a special layout
> file that is normally not part of it)
>
>  I wonder how hard it would be to convert output of the spoiler to html
> format -- net browsers are pretty common out there, and most all of them
> do have a html to postscript conversion in them..)

Speaking of which...  The Crossfire web pages need some serious
updating.  Alittle more meat in them and lets change the dates on it,
seeing "1992" as being the newest date I've seen on those web pages, I
actually thought no one was supporting crossfire anymore, and until I
found this list, I actually (blush), tried to ralley some people together
to once again support what in my opinion, should never die.  COurse, now
I see it hasn't.  But we should have a better presence on the web, alot
more information, docs, etc in HTML.

-Matt