Re: attack_movement fix

etc>
etc>There is a bug in the attack movement code.
etc>
etc>I've fixed it but...
etc>
etc>I don't know how to produce a patch file and I don't know where to
etc>send the patch. So if some kind soul would tell me...
etc>
etc>Also, the hit-run attack mode appears not to work because there is
etc>such a long delay between hitting and running -- the monster gets
etc>25 hits before running 25 moves, then comes back for more.
etc>
etc>I think this is too much, but then it really should be a variable.
etc>
etc>My child-thieves now rush up hit a few times and run away real fast.
etc>then they follow the character around, rush up again... 8-)
etc>
etc>One should be able to specify how much hitting and how much running
etc>a monster does in a map or archetypes.
etc>
etc>How should I handle this?

Patch files are pretty easy. it is spelled out in the crossfire-0.9x/doc/
dir in the programming guide I believe.

or else use diff -c 5 <oldfile.c> <patchedfile.c>

or some such:-|

etc>Suggestions?
etc>
etc>These attack modes are so cool that I seriously wonder why they havn't
etc>been used in any archetypes or maps?????

I haven't really read much about them, do they work and where are they
documented?

As for improving the system find a var that isn't being used as yet there
are a few of them I think assign it in an arch and then find where the
behavior is coded and go from there.