Protection and magical items

	I have a few questions (if these are documented somewhere
let me know).  The first is this: does having more than one "protection"
of a given type have any affect?  For example, if you are wearing an
eyeshield, will also wearing an amulet of protection from magic have any
additional affect?  (My guess is "no".)  Also, I seem to recall reading
somewhere that if you have both immunity and protection of the same
attack type, then not only is your character immune, but your possessions
are as well.  Can someone clarify/confirm this?

	My second question is about enchanting items.  I noticed in game
play that it seems to be impossible to (further) enchant magical weapons.
I looked at the source, and it seems that this exclusion only applies
if a weapon is already enchanted with certain types of benefits (e.g.
extra damage).  Is this correct?  (If so, what types of "magical" or
special weapons could be enchanted further?)  Has anyone considered the
possibility of allowing characters to create enchanted items which have
protections?  For example, you might have to sacrifice a certain number
(presumably high) of "cold resistance" potions to create an item which
has protection from cold.  Obviously, where to set the sacrifice level
is the key question.  (This could be an alternative to being able to
enchant some weapon which already has a protection benefit.)  Or might
this make it too easy to create "super-weapons"?  And finally: if
one applies the patch to enable enchanting of armour, is it possible
to add enchantments to special items (ones with names, like Ilrya, Uriel,
etc.)?

	Oh, and one more thing.  What about a scroll/potion/etc. which
gives immunity (not just protection)?  Obviously, the effect should last
very briefly, but I could see a place for this in the game (you could
guzzle a potion of cold immunity just before rushing into that room
full of Chinese dragons and hope it lasts long enough for you to take
out some of them).

-Michael