Re: CF: Experience awards with skills, map design

On Tue, 27 Aug 1996, Niilo Paasivirta <np@cc.jyu.fi> wrote:
[...]
> >       Hmm. In this case the Jessy should be *attacking* the stealer!
>
> He _is_! However, if one has Ring of Life, he doesn't actually do
> much damage.

Hmmm...  If one has the Ring of Life _and_ immunity to electricity,
immunity to attack, immunity to fire and immunity to cold, then yes,
it is easy to stay near Jessy.  If you are not immune to these
attacks, then I wonder how you can survive.  Unless you removed the
ability for Jessy to cast spells...

[...]
> Well, there is one "minor" thing:  the Cauldron.
>
> Weight is 80. But that's nothing, because an INFINITE amount of stuff
> can be inserted into it.
>
> *** AND, IT STILL WEIGHS 80 ALL THE TIME!!! ***

Oops!  I had not noticed that.  Major bug indeed!  I just tried to put
all my useless equipment in a cauldron and now I am much lighter,
although I am still carrying the same amount.  That should definitely
be fixed.

> There is also "Cauldron of Holding", but it doesn't seem to do
> anything more (what more could it do anyway :).

Right.  Currently, the cauldron doesn't seem to have a weight limit,
so that doesn't make any difference.  What could a "Cauldron of
Holding" be used for, anyway?

I am now carrying a "cauldron +3", which weights only 56.  Much
lighter than the normal cauldron, and I can carry as much as I want
while still running at top speed.  Hmmm...  Is that fair?

-Raphael