CF: Crossclient help

Hiya, I'm new to the list so I hope I'm doing this right :)

I've got a problem with crossclient.  I have been trying to connect with
a server(yoko.ens-cachan.fr) but for some reason crossclient will not
open the display.  The error I get is :

Failed to add digital:0.0: Can't open display digital:0.0.

I am running Crossfire 92.3 and it is on my own machine connected through
a PPP line.  I have telnetted to the server and it is up and running so I
know it's not that.  Thanks for any help.

Ted