Re: CF: Artefakts

I note Preston's comment that because attack type is physical it means
he often has to switch weapons.  There is a general conceptual flaw in
that a character can switch among dozen weapons with just a quick click.
I do not see how a player could carry so many weapons and have all easily
accessible.  It also removes the need to chose a few primary weapons
which I think is an important decision on how the character is played.
Right now it is easy to have complete duplicate equipment ready and
fight one battle as a heavily armoured stationary fighter and the next
as a lightning quick pirate type.  It should not be so easy to so
quickly switch back and forth upon seeing nearest monster.

I suggest that a player's inventory be divided into two subtypes of
'prepared' and 'stored'.  A player may have only a few prepared items of
each type (4 weapons, 5 rings, couple of scrolls, 1 of armour types (boots,
armour, helm, gloves, etc).  The advantage of a prepared item is that
it can be switched instantly.  All other items would be considered stored
which means it takes several movement turns to access them.

I suggest changing picking up items to only pick up say 40 kg a move
(break out of pickup loop if picked up weight>40kg so can still pick up
a very heavy object in one move).

I would not change encumberance and total weight since carrying tons
of stuff after clearing out a dungeon is really a special case of moving
a lot of stuff by whatever means (dragging, pushing) which we call carrying
to avoid needless complexity.

							sdw