Re: CF: generator timing

I suggested:
> I've noticed that on maps with lots of generators, they all generate at the
> same time (at least generators for the same type of monster, that is).
> I think that it would be a lot more interesting if the timing were random.
> Perhaps when a map is activated, the timer on each generator could be set
> to a random value instead of zero.  There may need to be a way to override
> this for certain maps, but I can't think of any offhand.

b.t. responded:
>I think this is a simple matter of setting the
>speed in the arch to a negative value. Then the
>last_speed value is randomized, and will generate
>as you suggest.

So is there any objection to setting up a script and doing this to all the
maps?
What about modifying the editor to create generators like that by default?
(If I knew what I was doing, I would offer to do that and provide a patch,
but I'm quite clueless on the technical side of Crossfire, as you may have
guessed from my various mailings.)

Or does anyone prefer the current maps that send out monsters in synchronized
waves?

--PC