Re: CF: Changes?

On 12 Sep 1997 19:56:29 +0300, Preston F. Crow <Preston.F.Crow@Dartmouth.EDU>
wrote:
>I love using sockets to shout.  It's a lot easier than using the
>regular client for me, especially since I can cut and paste.
>You could just as easily put a delay on socket shouting if you
>wanted to.

There needs to be some other fix for that, then.
It's quite easy to do "telnet localhost 13326 < floodfile".
Even with ignore, you can "name" yourself all the time.
(floodfile like this:
 shout asdasdasd
 name 1
 shout asdasdasd
 name 2
 shout asdasdasd
 name 3
)

This doesn't make much sense with shout, but others might want to tease
others by using "tell" instead.
This kind of protection from other players is a must for a big server, but
I don't think CF is used for that big games yet ;)

>Speaking of shouting, I get annoyed by monsters reading scrolls.
>Shouldn't those messages be restricted to the local map?

Speaking of flood annoyances, I get tons of messages when casting a
high-level "destruction" on an area full of rats.
"Your blow stunned a rat" x squadrillion. And what blow? ;)