Re: CF: apply -a bug

On Apr 20,  3:51pm, Christian Stieber wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: apply -a bug
> Robert Brockway (robert@zen.humbug.org.au) wrote:
>
> > While playing around with apply -a I discovered it allows a character to
> > put on more than 2 rings.  It is as simple as apply -a name of ring and it
> > is on.  I believe this is outside the specs of the game which normally
> > only allows 2 rings (and rightly so, I've seen a server where everyone
> > could have unlimited rings).
>

> Indeed. It shows a couple of other bugs in cf:

 Actually, I wouldn't call these bugs.  Being able to do stuff that you should
not be able to do and then call the results buggy is to be expected.

> - your armor class is limited to -116; additional armor doesn't seem to
>   lower it.

 I am surprised it actually limits it - I would actually have expected it to
roll over.

> - your weapon speed goes down --- running speed 7.xx and weapon
>   speed 4.5 doesn't seem right (at least 10 weapons wielded)
> - it is very difficult to cast spells with a lot of weapons wielded
> - the "slaying" doesn't work very well --- we have no idea where
>   the effective slaying comes from, but definitely wielding lots of
>   weapons with different "slaying" doesn't "OR" the slaying.

 most likely, it is the first weapon that slaying will get used from.  Either
that, or the last weapon applied.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com