Re: Response (Re: CF: Suggestions and bugs)

Galaxy Burrito (thomas@astro.psu.edu) quoted here:

> > 1b) Gods
> >
> > Obviously there is a problem with the gods in crossfire --- players
> > kill monsters of their gods without being punished. Of course, we
> > cannot add punishment for killing certain monsters as this doesn't fit
>
> 	Why not? The coding could be fairly trival.

Sure, but the effect would be very unbalancing.
It would make certain gods even more unattractive, like Luzifer
or even Ruggili. Can you imagine not to be allowed to kill dragons ?

> 	In fact, we could keep a "disposition" tally (I hate the D&D
> 	alignment concept) in the character wisdom object.
> 	This lets us know how faithfully the character has been at
> 	following their religion. You should get a bonus/penalty to
> 	various religous activities (like using prayers, regen grace?)
> 	based on your god's disposition towards you.

sounds good.

btw, the listen commando doesn't work for sockets. (has no effect)
Could this be fixed/implemented ?
I'd like to write a statistics-program that is logged into crossfire
24h/7d and keeps track of who is killing what and then maybe put
a summary on a webpage...

> > No shockwave spellbook either :-(
>
> 	Ive used the shockwave spell before and it didnt seem to be
> 	very unbalancing. You CAN get this spell from the Kundi maps
> 	(or at least, you used to be able too).

Hmm...have to grep the maps again :)
If it's not in the floating castle, that is...

> [alchemy]
> weapon/item manufacture

like put a sword into a couldron, add 5 dragon's hearts and 2
scorpion's stingers to get a sword with 'slay dragon' ?
That would be fine :)

> > - "Fonz is now going to meet Lucifer" instead of just
> >   "You killed Fonz". Randomized, of course.
> > - "Oppie looks very suprised." (for highlevel monsters)
> >
> 	These sound good, but how do you implement them? Use a file that
> 	the server reads? How does it know when to tell the player a
> 	message. Id be *against* hardcoding messages.

Hardcoding is surely the wrong way here.
How about a formatted message-file:

<start>
<begin insults>
[insults]
<begin last words>
..
<begin player killed>
..
<etc>
<end>

The task when to play a message has to be hardcoded, though...

> > 2a) The library card
>
> 	I didnt know this had been adjusted. I thought the original
> 	price was around 50 platinum or so.

Maybe, but who runs around with charisma 30 ?
Newbie characters often have charisma <10

--
bye,