Re: Response (Re: CF: Suggestions and bugs)

On Apr 25,  1:53pm, Stefan Reich wrote:
> Subject: Re: Response (Re: CF: Suggestions and bugs)
> Galaxy Burrito (thomas@astro.psu.edu) quoted here:
>
> btw, the listen commando doesn't work for sockets. (has no effect)
> Could this be fixed/implemented ?
> I'd like to write a statistics-program that is logged into crossfire
> 24h/7d and keeps track of who is killing what and then maybe put
> a summary on a webpage...

 Port 13326 will be going away in the not too distant future (when the
new client/server is the only supported play method).  So there isn't much
incentive to fix up stuff that deals with that.

 However, adding some internal logging could be done - granted, you could
only get this information on the local server, and not from remote servers.

 I have already added some internal logging for client/server usage.  It
could potentially make sense to add the same type of logging for other events.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com