CF: Compiling the client on Solaris

Hi,

well, the client compiles fine on Solaris. It doesn't work, though:

stieber@sunbroy53:~/crossfire-0.94.2.client> ./cfclient
nable to open /dev/audio, errno 13
Command:version
Playing on server type  Crossfire Server
Command:drawinfo
Command:drawinfo
Command:query
Received query.  Input state now 2
Command:addme_success
addme_success received.
Command:pixmap
Command:pixmap
Command:pixmap
Unable to read /tmp/xclient.16335 as pixmap file, error=-4
Abort (core dumped)

If I use the -cache option (-image doesn't exist), it dumps more
debug garbage and complains about a different filename, but that's
the only difference :-(

Just wondering: does the client support any Unixes at all? :-) I don't
have MS-Windows available... I'll try Linux in a few weeks, though ---
very interested to see what problems show up there :-)

Frustrated, waiting for the next bugfix release before trying to investigate
the problems.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber