CF: client woes!

is anybody/everybody having the kinds of problems that i am with the client?

i'm constantly getting crap on trying to login with my player and it dieing
in the middle of scrolling my inventory or picking stuff up.

as an example:
i type in my players name and password.  then it immediately dumps and i
get:

Playing on server type  Crossfire Server
Bad command from server (¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤@¤)
Bad command from server ()
Got error on read (error 0), exiting.

the screen actually has the single ascii character and not the \044 on it.

this 94.3 release is a major step back as far as i'm concerned in playability
over the 94.0 that i was using.

steve
p.s.  why can't i lock an item in inventory like i used to be able to?
--
He who laughs last thinks slowest!

Black holes are where God divides by zero.