CF: Server Slowness ?

I'm trying to play a game on whitestar.pyrsonal.org, and I find it awfully slow.

I'm playing on a completely unloaded T1.  ping, traceroute and mtr all show
a good connection with an average of about 90ms ping time, yet the game
itself can be very lagged.  It seems to be cutting in and out.  It'll be
fine half the time, and then very lagged at other times.  I've had to wait
about 10 or more seconds for keystrokes to respond (after which I'm usually
dead ;-) ).

I'm using the Xlib client with -cache enabled. version 0.95.1.

I realize this is a rather subjective thing, but I'm wondering if anyone has
any ideas..

(I'm playing from granite.netidea.com if you're interested.)

Thanks,

Ian