Re: CF: Re: Beginners guide.

Mark Wedel writes:
 >  A few more notes for it:

Anytime.

 >  1) When you eat food, you will gain back some hitpoints.  Thus, it can
 > be useful to go into combat hungry (food <200), so after you get damaged
 > you can eat some food and effectively have a poor mans healing
potion.

I thought I put that one up already (in the "Freshly Arrived..."
section)...

 >  2) At current time, all items take the same amount of time to equip/unequip
 > (which is very fast).  So there are certainly times where it is worthwhile
 > to swap equipment in combat.

Such as? I'm guessing you mean to a certain attack type weapon (Fear,
Cold, etc.) but perhaps I'm missing a more useful tactic.

 >  3) Bows/arrows are great at killing acid spheres.

That's in there (I got to categorize these tips better so that it's easier to
find a particular item). As far as I can tell, any projectile, really,
will do the job.

>  1) Monsters tend to get created with the same general item types
 > (orcs gets bow, swords, the like) - you won't find rings on orcs.).
 > However, the quality (magic level) of the treasure is determined by the
 > overall map level.  Thus, if the maps are high difficulty, those orcs
 > will be more likely to have magic items than low difficulty maps

Right, that's a much better explanation... <cut,paste>

 > (difficult can currently be found out using the 'maps command).

Interesting.

 >  Note that mentioning the 'maps command can be a good way to find out
 > where other players are.

I think I'll have a Multiplayer specific section. That's going in
there.

--
                                                         Maciej Kalisiak
"Never count your chickens before they               mac@dgp.utoronto.ca