Re: CF: Re:Banning players

[Aaron Baugher]

>   For that matter, just use hosts.deny and hosts.allow.  I don't see off
>   the top of my head why that wouldn't work.

Of course, crossfire can be written to support hosts.deny and
hosts.allow.  It doesn't currently.  Only programs spawned by the
TCP-wrappers (ie. from inetd) use those files.  (I know of one
exception, sshd.)

If you want your rules to be enforced for all applications, whip out
ipfwadm or similar tools.

(I agree with Mark, keep it simple.  I think IP-address based access
should be good enough -- it certainly saves a lot of hassle.)

Kjetil T.