Re: CF: Scorn Update - Map Image Available

>Adventurers have to pay on a toll bridge to reach it (100pp? entry, free
>exit) and leads to the pupland terminal. The docks are arranged so
>hidden `trigger altars' can be burried in the peir and gates added to
>access the ships.

I don't like this general philosophy.  I understand that paying for
transportation is a fact of life, but I see it as potentially just
added busywork for the players.  Sort of like answering questions at
the city gates.

Ideally, I would like to see it allow access based on any of three
things: money, password, or passport.  The passport for some
transportation should be invisible inventory items rewarded for
completing quests.  For example, completing the old city quest under
Scorn should give you a passport for the city gates (the guards will
recognize the local hero and not bother asking for the password).

Also, keep in mind that while Pup Land has a lot of high level stuff,
it also has some low level stuff.  Putting a steep price on admission
will tend to kill of the utility of those areas.

--PC