Re: CF: Scorn Update - Map Image Available

Preston F. Crow on  wrote...
| >Adventurers have to pay on a toll bridge to reach it (100pp? entry, free
| >exit) and leads to the pupland terminal. The docks are arranged so
| >hidden `trigger altars' can be burried in the peir and gates added to
| >access the ships.
|
| I don't like this general philosophy.  I understand that paying for
| transportation is a fact of life, but I see it as potentially just
| added busywork for the players.  Sort of like answering questions at
| the city gates.
|
| Ideally, I would like to see it allow access based on any of three
| things: money, password, or passport.  The passport for some
| transportation should be invisible inventory items rewarded for
| completing quests.  For example, completing the old city quest under
| Scorn should give you a passport for the city gates (the guards will
| recognize the local hero and not bother asking for the password).

I never ment that money be the only means of passing the various gates
or transport. and I do envisage ``Passports of Dragon Travel'' or
whatever, generally as goals in some quests.
The easy one from Goths Tavern for eastern gatehouse will always remain
in fact one of the changes was to make it more obvious graffiti.
Also for getting into the city a smugglers tunnel
(Psst, buddy, over here, you can get into the city through here!)
and various other things.

Though I have only heard mention of ``invisible inventory items'' I have
never met the beast! Though that would be a solution.

I wish their was a guide to the meaning ``dump data'' of the various
data types.

| Also, keep in mind that while Pup Land has a lot of high level stuff,
| it also has some low level stuff.  Putting a steep price on admission
| will tend to kill of the utility of those areas.

I agree on that too, but hey I also think that pupland is missing a lot
of stuff too. Red Island to my thinking is very incomplete.

I do not intend any major closure of transport in this release. Mostly
just gate things organised better to future posibilities.
Port closure is much more important to my thinking than any transport
costs.  Limit access to areas until an adventure has a quest or two
under his belt.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
               Logic will take you only so far...
               Insanity will take you all the way...