Re: CF: Newbie hints

On Dec 22, 10:28am, Scott MacFiggen wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: Newbie hints
> >> This reminds me... A friend of mine at LucasArts clued me into
> >> a decent embeddable scripting language called Lua. I remember
> >> some discussion a while ago about a possible scripting language
> >> for crossfire so if anyone is interested:

> I'm assuming because it is very small, and designed from
> the beginning to be embedded. It just compiles as a
> library you link with your program..

 Many things probably fall into that category.  Ideally, we probably want
something which is small enough and legally able to include with the crossfire
sources - we probably don't want to require that package XXX is installed to
play crossfire.

 For that matter, we could link perl into crossfire and use that for scripting
(or maybe even NPC logic).  But that is certainly not small enough to be
inclued with the crossfire sources.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com