Re: CF: Interesting bugs

Timo Kokkonen on  wrote...
| Haven't done much of experimenting with this, except that koban was
| locked and above the cold coins in my inventory, when this happened.
| This is tested only with 0.94.3, since last I checked the 0.95.x was
| broken with dropping items through holes (is it still?)

Yes it is broken, pits will NOT let items fall though.

For map makers an alturnative is to use a set of spikes to move the
item(s) onto a teleporter. However instead of one square this solution
requires extra fencing around the tiem to ensure it is pushed onto a
teleporter.

----
The following is NOT what I consider a bug, but something I am giving
as a FYI to map makers out there....

In my continuing experiments (a set of `test' maps which will be
included in the next release) I have also found that many gates/spikes
etc act slightly differently between the two servers I have.

A boulder cascade (like that in raffles - which works in both versions)
of various types, set in a very tight loop will work fine in crossfire
v95.1, but rolls to fast in crossfire v94.3. That is the boulder will
suddenly `skip', `backtrack' or otherwise stuff things up as the boulder
catches up to the push gates which haven't yet finished reseting.

I am NOT sure if this problem is due to crossfire itself or the fact
that my crossfire v95.1 is on a slow (in comparision) SUN sparcstation 4
while my v94.3 is on a fast linux machine (200mmx processor) laptop.

Mark can you enlight me?

So map makers be warned about this.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
   The law of similarity made any map a magical instrument.
                                     -- Rick Cook, "The Wizardry Compiled''
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au