Re: CF: Sex & Crossfire

On Thu, 24 Dec 1998, Mark Wedel wrote:

>  That said, a defunct class may not need to still be of player type.  But
> the specific classes need specific arch's to correspond to them - this
> is where we get the bonuses and what not.

An update on a previous post:  I tried to load Lars the viking into my
server (which no longer support the viking class), as I said I would.  As
Mark suggested it failed to load him, and I now understand why, having
looked more closely at the archetype file than before. Now on to the real
reason for this post :)

A player class is 'type 1' in the archetypes file.  Do we need to create a
new type number for defunct classes to belong to, or is there already some
type that a defunct class can safely belong to right now?  I don't really
know enough about archetype 'types' to understand the different types, and
I haven't had time to look at the code properly due to real life concerns
like Christmas :)  Yeah I know, RTFM :)

>  I would much rather have that information stored in the archetype
> file than stored someplace in the actual code.

Absolutely, the current setup is quite elegant in many ways.
Cheers,
	-Robert

--Robert Brockway B.Sc.  Email: robert@blake.humbug.org.au
                                robert@humbug.org.au, r.brockway@uq.net.au