Re: CF: Sex & Crossfire

On Dec 25,  7:10pm, Robert Brockway wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: Sex & Crossfire
> On Thu, 24 Dec 1998, Mark Wedel wrote:
>
> An update on a previous post:  I tried to load Lars the viking into my
> server (which no longer support the viking class), as I said I would.  As
> Mark suggested it failed to load him, and I now understand why, having
> looked more closely at the archetype file than before. Now on to the real
> reason for this post :)
>
> A player class is 'type 1' in the archetypes file.  Do we need to create a
> new type number for defunct classes to belong to, or is there already some
> type that a defunct class can safely belong to right now?  I don't really
> know enough about archetype 'types' to understand the different types, and
> I haven't had time to look at the code properly due to real life concerns
> like Christmas :)  Yeah I know, RTFM :)

 I think the type might need to remain type 1, as many areas of the
code check for type (ie, if op->type==PLAYER, do some player thing.).
If you made another number in this case, I don't think it would work because
all of those checks would fail.

 Best bet is to find some innocuous flag to use (check define.h), and make
soem change to player.c such that if that flag is set, don't present it as
an viable class for new players.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com