Re: CF: alters?

Steven Unruh (sunruh@jump.net) wrote:

> i went to the church in scorn and became a follower of Jehova.  kewl.
> then i slept in a bed of reality (as did all other other players) and went
> back and prayed at the alter.  i did not notice at that point in time that
> it was now an alter of Lucifer!!!  so now i lost my Jehova alignment.
> this sucks!  why did the alter change?

Because most of the altars have a random god, so whenever the map
is resetted (all monsters come back etc.), the altar gets another
random god. Only a few altars are not random (such as the devourers
altar in the small temple). Also, the altars in the appartment house
don't change once they are consecrated.
Don't rely on that, though --- some player might have consecrated the
altar... so: ALWAYS check before praying.

> also, why do the items in the magic shops chance when all players are in
> beds?  why do the other maps remain unaffected?

Same thing. After a while, the shops are resetted, so they are created
anew when somebody enters it, which also means: new items.
Other maps are restted as well --- however, monsters in crossfire
are not created randomly, so you'll always find the same monsters
there. Most items, esp. those in shops, are created randomly, so they
change on every reset.

Christian

--
Christian (Icho/Gandhi/Ribald @sunbroy53.informatik.tu-muenchen.de, 13326)