Re: CF: Patch: find keys in containers

On Feb 20,  5:23pm, Tero Haatanen wrote:

> I think that disappearing doors don't work any more, crossfire is too
> complicated to be merely a Gauntlet clone, so there could be the
> open/close command, or just the apply command that could be targeted
> to objects in front of the player.  This would also allow to implement
> automation to the client side, so all restrictions releted to opening/
> closing sacks would automatically apply (timing, locked containers, so on).

 More complex doors probably would a bit to the game.  Doors could be either
initially locked or unlocked - player could come around and lock them or
unlock them, as well as perhaps bash them down (in which case they sort of
act like earthwalls.)  Then in addition to lock/unlock, the doors can be opened
or closed.

 Some monsters could perhaps use doors, others not.  It would perhaps make
things more interesting - it could certainly remove the problem of accidentally
running into a door and everything rushing out.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com