Re: CF: Client protocol and low-bandwidth links

>Get Crossfire running as client/server on UNIX systems, separating out
>the X code into a module on it's own, and then the conversion to a
>Win-API platform should be relatively straightforward.  The graphics
>code used in Netrek would be very handy.

As Mark said, this is already done. For kicks I just tried to
get the client to compile under Visual C++ and after
about a 1/2 hour of mucking with include files and
adding a couple #ifdef _WIN32's I got all the source
files to compile, except for X11.c and Xutil.c of course..
So it seems like getting something up and running
wouldn't take all that much work. Although I'm assuming
since it compiled, it will most likely work.

By the way Mark, commands.c has a '#include X11/Xlib.h' near
the top. This doesn't seem to be necessary...

	-Scott

Follow-Ups: References: