CF: call for java enthusiasts: server time!

Preamble: I'm the guy who got the java client finally written.
Now what?

I think it's time to start thinking about a java server.

This has vaguely come up before, I think.
But now it's serious :-)

Reasons for doing it:

1. All the world is not a VAX^H^H^H UNIX box
   There are lots O people out there who would love to play, but
   dont have enough access to one.

2. If they now have a good performing web-server in java, it should
   be possible to write a good performing crossfire-server in java

3. This could be java's "killer app", which would bring major good things
   both to java, and to crossfire

4. This can serve as a general "clean up the code" effort.

How to do it:

I'm thinking a pure rewrite would be in order. This wouldn't be a matter
of tring to convert C code into java.
But this will of course be up to the people who actually WORK ON IT!

To which end, I can supply both an ftp site, and a separate mailing list,
if needed.

Who to do it:

If you have java experience, OR a lot of object-oriented experience, PLUS
THREADED-CODE experience, speak up!