Re: CF: call for java enthusiasts: server time!

	Offically speaking, Im working on my thesis, not CF, but
	I cant help myself replying..

> Phil writes:
>
> 3. This could be java's "killer app", which would bring major good things
>  both to java, and to crossfire

	What major good things? As Im sure your aware Phil, this
	would be a *major* effort. I'd like to see some solid justification,
	ie, like the java server would be faster, handle more players
	etc.

	I dont think ease of implementation (of the server) is a
	primary justification for Java, since most people have only
	an interest in playing, not running crossfire server. [eg
 	The only reason most people currently have worries about
	compiling/running the server is because we have no true client
	(yet) that is worth playing].

	Cleaning up the code is worthy goal, but not a high priority
	basically for the same, above reasons. Lets get the Server-client
	playable first, eh? Id like to see version 1.0 before I die :)

					-b.t.