Re: CF: Invisible objects

On Jan 9,  5:52pm, Rauli Ruohonen wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: Invisible objects
> Mark Wedel wrote:
> > However, my initial thought is that transferrance wouldn't be the only
spell
> >with this problem (although, maybe it is by the way it gets casts).  My
thought
> >might be any spell which has a delayed reaction before going off might be
able
> >to get fooled in that way.
>
> You used to be able to do that with bombs, I reported that a long time
> ago.. Dunno if anybody has fixed it :) Another thing you can do is
>
> A) make a party
> B) set agility/literacy/anything skill on
> C) tell the other guy to kill baddies
> D) gain agility/literacy/anything experience
>
> I don't think that a reasonable fix exists for this :/

 I think that with the party system, there is a whole can of worms related to
the skill system for experience.

 However, the party system does make some sense - gives at least a little more
incentive for people to party together.

 I wonder if experience gained by party members but who did not directly kill
the creature (ie, another party member did) should be added to a general
experience category (not directly associated with any skills, but still counts
towards gaining levels/hp).

 The other thought would be to add the exp in the category in which the killing
player used.  So that if someone killed something with a sword, it is
reasonable to suggest that you might have learned something watching him do it.
  This still might have some problem in that the mage may get physical exp
easier than he should (ie, a 10'th level mage/0 level fighter could easily
become 10/10 with a good fighter in the party killing everything for him).
 Likewise, fighters could become good mages.

 If the player lacks the matching experience category, (ie, fighter doesn't
have a mage category, but the mage did kill stuff with a fireball), he just
loses out.

 This may be a little more balanced than the present system.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com