Re: CF: call for java enthusiasts: server time!

Mark Wedel wrote:
> The C client is continued to being developed (in fact, that is the
> only client I am working on.)  So even if you don't have java, the
> C client should compile anyplace that the server (w X11) will compile.

Mark,

Netrek had the same problem a few years ago.  The solution was to
isolate all graphics and windowing code into an external module.  Now
there are two such modules; one for X11 and one for the Windows API.

I'm sure there'd be no trouble using this code for Crossfire.

Check out the files x11window.c and mswindow.c in the file
	http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/misc-info/netrek/cow/COW.2.02pl2.tar.gz

This is the latest stable release of the Netrek client for UNIX and
Windows platforms.

--
James Cameron                                    (cameron@stl.dec.com)
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 000 446 800