Re: CF: Abusive Artifacts (Was: Re: Making Classes more distinct)

> Seikoh-san writes:
>
> Does Magician's Robe mean magic resistance cloak in Pupland?
> The magic resistance cloak has magic immunity.
> But players cannot get it because the quest is very difficult.
> (I don't care about cheating by crossedit.)

	Actually, I was refering to the cloak in the Kundi maps
	(in the tower of sorcery). There is a particular "cheat"
	possible if the player is magic immune. Basically, the
	player casts cleric magic to a very negative grace, this
	will ultimately result in a "retributive strike" from the
	god. Nothing but magic immune creatures may survive such
	an attack. This is unbalancing because a player can wipe
	out *everything* with this attack (although you dont get
	any experience for the attack). Of course, if the player
	is already at the level that they can easily defeat everything
	in the game, I guess it doesnt matter. The game certainly
	becomes much less fun once you understand how to use
	magic immunity..this is one reason I suggest no artifact
	be allowed to convey permanent magic immunity (temporary
	magic immunity is ok, if its quite difficult to obtain).

						-b.t.