Re: CF: pause?

> for some version before 1.0 we have got to have a "pause".
> yes, it will probably be a pain to implement, but you'll never get wide
> acceptance without it.
How about 'ifconfig ppp0 down', or the equivalent? :)
Implementing wouldn't be difficult, simply create a command that
performs a
function similar to a 'bed to reality'.  You wouldn't actually WANT to
allow
a command like that, though.  I think most people here would agree that
you
don't need or want a 'pause' command in a multi-user environment.

However, I could see the need to allow the server administrator to pause
the
whole server.  This way, you can pause a single-player game, and you can
even
pause a multi-player game if the server admin is sympathetic to a
player's
wish.

-ivan