Re: CF: hello

"Mark Wedel" on  wrote...
| On Sep 3, 10:22am, Jettero Heller wrote:
| > Subject: CF: hello
| > I've noticed that the client can't do the multiple commands per line ';'.
|
|  Will be fixed in the next version.

What about server quiting, that seems to just hang
with `bad server commands'

| > Also, I set up a server on a T1, and tried to play from home, and
| > noticed that the game was unbareably slow, is there any way to speed
| > things up over a modem?  For instance: near as I can tell, it's
| > sending all the bitmaps over the net...  could the bitmaps be stored
| > locally?
| >
|  If you use the -cache, it will only download the images once for ever.
|  OTherwise, each time you run the client, it will download the images again.
| This makes it a bit slow while it is first downloading the images & building
| the cache, but at some certain point, things run pretty decently.

Hmm. anyway to just tell the client where the crossfire server library
is instead? Presuming it is on the same machine.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
  Real Programmers never grow old.
       They suffer from burnouts, monumental crashes, or bugs in thier DNA.
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au

Follow-Ups: References: