Re: CF: maps

On Sep 10, 11:25pm, Jettero Heller wrote:
> Subject: CF: maps
> I started teaching myself how to make maps.
>
> What I can't figure out, is how to reset the maps.  Restarting the server
> seems to have no effect.  I tried using the dm stuff, but the client doesn't
> seem to support that.

 I thought I fixed teh dm stuff in the client.  I'll double check that.

 Restarting the server doesn't work if RECYCLE_TMP_MAPS is defined in config.h
(as that is basically what that option does - makes it so maps are not reset
when the server is rerun.)

  If that is the case, you can look at the installed lib directory at a file
called temp.maps.  In it, you would see something like:

/city/city:/tmp/cftmp.294374:7197:0:0:1:1:0

 Find the entry that corresponds to the map you want to reset it (say
/city/city in this case), and then remove the temporary file
(/tmp.cftmp.294374).  If it can't find the temp file, crossfire will go back to
the original.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com