Re: CF: maps

Mark Wedel (mark@siemens-pyramid.com) wrote:

> > I started teaching myself how to make maps.

Good :-)

> > What I can't figure out, is how to reset the maps.  Restarting the server
> > seems to have no effect.  I tried using the dm stuff, but the client doesn't
>   If that is the case, you can look at the installed lib directory at a file
> called temp.maps.  In it, you would see something like:
>
> /city/city:/tmp/cftmp.294374:7197:0:0:1:1:0
>
>  Find the entry that corresponds to the map you want to reset it (say
> /city/city in this case), and then remove the temporary file
> (/tmp.cftmp.294374).

One more thing. If the server is not a production server (i.e. you are
the only person on it), you can just well remove all the cftmp* files,
or (if the tmp/ is unique to crossfire) clear out all files in
tmp/. This speeds up things quite a bit :-)

Also, you have to wait some time after leaving the map before the temp
map is actually written out. I'm not sure, but you might even have to
run through some other map to cause the temp maps to be written.

I hope you are not doing apartments (one day we will have more
apartments than normal maps :-)), but if you do, don't forget to
remove the corresponding unique files as well (as required). There is
no dm command to do this, even with a fixed client.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber