Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: server and more!

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Peter Mardahl wrote:

> > Also, on an unrelated note, when did this stuff about teeth falling out,
> > ad vitamin C start :)  Lars must have several hundred teeth as they are
> > continually falling out, leaving a trail :)
>
>   The teeth falling out/diahhrea/warts, etc. all started when we included
> the disease code into crossfire.

Ah thats right.  I remember alot of discussion over that but due to my
link being temporarily down while I changed ISPs I missed some of the
discussion.

Back to the server.  My logs indicate a few people have attempted
connections.  How are people finding the lag?  I am interested to see how
the client-server code goes over the slow link (once the client has cached
alot of the images of course).

I also notice that one pc has already died.  Is perma death too harsh?
There isn't an altar of resurection yet.
Cheers,
	-Robert

--Robert Brockway B.Sc.  Email: robert@blake.humbug.org.au
                                robert.brockway@uq.net.au