Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: Publicity

Do what we do with the netrek server code base, which is patterned after the
Java Apache project.

- Put everything into CVS and allow anonymous read-only access to it.
- Allow anyone, with approval to contribute (write) to the repository.
- Setup a loginfo that sends all changes to the repository to a developers
  mailing list.
- Archive all the above emails to a searchable web-site
- Run WebCVS so people can "browse" the repository.

Here are some URLs for examples:

CVS loginfo comments archived on the web
http://vanilla.us.netrek.org/devel/

WebCVS in action
http://www.working-dogs.com/cvsweb/index.cgi/

After these where setup for the vanilla netrek server there was a major boost
in contributions to the codebase.

Quoting Peter Mardahl (peterm@langmuir.EECS.Berkeley.EDU):

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700