Re: CF: Rampant volunteerism

>>>>[From Mark Wedel]
     This is a matter of debate.  I assume by that statement that cursed
    items that are not identified and sold should still get some money.

     Why this is so can be debated.  The shopkeeper knows what the item is,
    knows it is cursed, and knows he can't get any money for selling it.
    So why should he pay for it?

Someone else sort of mentioned this, but I thought I'd make it more
explicit, and expand discussion a bit.

It depends on your perspective of the shopkeeper, in "real life".
You might argue that doing an "identify" is a drain on someone,
so the shopkeeper will generally not bother to do it, unless he is looking
at spending some serious amount of money.
For cheapie items, it just isn't worth the effort.

On the other hand, doing a "detect curse" should be a fairly minor effort,
as opposed to a full appraisal.

contrariwise, shopkeepers might charge an "appraisal fee", for large
items...

Or customers might be reluctant to have shopkeepers mess around with
their stuff, if the shopkeeper ends up not buying it for whatever reason.
What IS the normal proceedure at pawn shops, anyways? :-)